Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 11-17, 2011 - From Walmart to Lucies Birthday


Tuesday July 12-
This morning Nelsa, Doris' sister (these are friends in the neighborhood) gave me a ride over to the Walmart at 88th Street in Jersey City. I always went to the one in South Kearny, NJ. I didn't know about this one. This one was in a shopping center with a Petsmart and a Target and a few other large stores. This one was HUGE!!!! It was just as big as a Wegman's with a large produce department, a large arts and crafts department and large sections of stuff all over the store... Oh, and a large frozen foods section with packages of PF Changs frozen food that I haven't seen in stores since mom took me to a Target in Balto months and months ago. (I love PF Changs Chinese food) So- I got my two boxes of Scoop Away® cat litter and a large bag of Cat Chow®, a few cans of Friskies®, A few frozen food things, delicious Peperoni and Cheese Rolls & Garlic Parmesea French Bread. Ooooh, is that good!!!

I found it, I found it, I found it!!!!!
I've been looking for this for a long time ever since I met Richard Skipper in the mid eighties. I drew this back in 1973 when I was in art school for illustration. I was at lunch with a friend from class and I was talking about Carol Channing. This person didn't know who I was talking about. I said she was famous for the Broadway musical "Hello, Dolly!" and he still didn't know her, so I drew this for him and then he knew exactly who I was talking about. Pictured is a scan of the original napkin drawing.


Sunday July 17 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCIE ARNAZ

 
Didn't really have much happening this week. Today is Lucies birthday... Happy Birthday to Lucie Arnaz Luckinbill. When I was looking for an appropriate video to put here that showed something Lucie did or is doing or whatever... I found this made to celebrate her birthday last year. I thought I'd just put it here. The pics down the side I took at her performance at Barnes & Noble last year in May.




No comments: